Friday, September 16, 2011

So Conflicted

I can't make up my mind, and that is not typical for me. But it's getting down to the wire now, and I still haven't decided whether or not I'll be running the Half Marathon I signed up for this November.

I spent the $100, it sounds like a fun race, and it's finally cooling off here in the South enough for me to get outside for long training runs. So, you'd think it would be a no-brainer. But it's not. I don't know if my hip is going to cooperate. The longest run I've done lately is six miles, and I'm handling that okay, but will my IT Band issues flare up as they did last Fall? Can I handle running a slow Half because I'm not willing to train enough to run it faster? (note my issue with pride) Do I want to drag my family four hours from home and pay for gas and hotel just for this race?

Do I want to run 13.1 miles???

I don't enjoy running. I like to jog. But running makes me tired ;) It wears me out. I'd rather take a Step class at the gym, or play tennis with my hubby. Yet, there's something that draws me to this race. I don't fathom I'd do another Half. Ever. But this one time? I kinda wanna.

So today's six mile run was the start of my tentative schedule of long training runs. Only God knows how those will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment